Please follow the steps below to cancel your subscription.
1. Go to https://www.puffin.com/account.
2. Log in with the account and password you used previously.
3. Click "Cancel subscription" under "subscription details".
4. Let us know your advices.
5. Your subscription is cancelled.
You would need to unsubscribe first. Please follow the steps below to cancel your subscription.
- Go to https://www.puffinbrowser.com/secure-brower.
- Log in with the account and password you used previously.
- Click "Cancel subscription" under "subscription details".
- Specify the reason why you want to cancel the subscription.
- Let us know your advices.
- Your subscription is cancelled.
After cancelling your subscription, please email us at puffinbrowser+FAQ@cloudmosa.com and let us know you want to delete your account. We will process your request at our earliest convenience.
1. Download the installer.
2. Run the installer.
3. Launch Puffin Secure Browser.
4. Enter the email address and password you used to register for an account on Puffin.com.
5. Click "Activate this App".
6. The activation process should take about 5~60 seconds.
7. Page reloads after the activation and the "Activate this App" becomes "Revoke this App".
8. Puffin Secure Browser is activated. Enjoy the speed and security of browsing in Puffin.
There are several possible reasons that you can't find the email.
1. The email is in your spam folder.
Please check your spam folder and see if there's an email.
2. The email address you entered has different letter case from your registration data.
Our user account information is case-sensitive. Please check the email address you provided when signing up and use the exact same address.
3. Your mail provider may have blocked emails from puffin.com.
Some mail providers may only accept e-mails from trusted domains. Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to the recipient whitelist.
4. If firewall is configured for in your network, refer to this page for the IP ranges to allow.
5. For Hotmail users, please forward the issue to Hotmail support or refer to following steps.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact list.
- Go to Option > Mail > Junk E-mail Protection > Safe List.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to the Safe List.
This error message may appear due to any of the following reasons:
1. Your GPU driver is out of date. Please update it.
2. You are using a virtual machine which does not support hardware acceleration rendering.
3. You are using Puffin with a Windows remote desktop connection which limits Puffin's usage of GPU.
We also highly recommend upgrading Windows to the latest version to avoid unexpected errors.
We offer both monthly and yearly subscriptions for our Individual users.
Both subscriptions offer the exactly same features.
The only difference is that users get 50% off in the yearly subscription.
Note: Autorenewal of the yearly subscription can be cancelled any time. After cancellation, you can continue using Puffin until your remaining subscription period expires.
When you register on Puffin.com, we verify your full credit card information to ensure that payment can be processed once the trial is over.
After you cancel your subscription, we retain the last 4 digits of your credit card on the website so that you know which credit card has been used to subscribe to our service. We do not store your full credit card information on our servers.
When you subscribe to the Business/Education subscription, you also set up your monthly users(mails) budget.
Each user(mail) can use up to 5 Apps.
You may see an authorization only transaction to confirm the credit ard is valid. The amount of the transaction is USD $0.01. You will not really be charged, and the transaction will be voided within 3 days.
You may see an authorization only transaction to confirm the credit card is valid. The amount of the transaction is US $0.01. You will not really be charged, and the transaction will be voided as soon as it expires.
When you visit a website via Puffin, Puffin server retrieves the webpage from the designated URL.
The webpage was then processed and rendered via the browser rendering engine on the Puffin server.
After the webpage was rendered, it will be converted into a compressed Puffin format.
The compressed copy, where it was much smaller than the original webpage, will be transmitted to the Puffin client on your device.
Videos and Flash content will not be compressed.
If you see this error message, it means that the website is blocked by AdBlock.
Please go to Puffin's menu -> Settings -> disable AdBlock and try again.
Puffin Cloud Browser is a remote client. The website contents displayed in Puffin are actually executed on our servers.
Please ensure that the following IP addresses are not blocked by your Proxy, firewall, or antivirus software:
Puffin leverages our servers in the USA and Singapore to improve the user's web browsing experience'.
The side effect is that the websites receive the Puffin server's IP rather than the IP of your current device.
Although Puffin passes your IP to websites via X-Forwarded-For, some websites do not support this standard and cannot accurately detect your region.
When you browse under Incognito mode, Puffin does not save your browsing history or any information entered in forms. Cookies and site data are deleted when you leave Incognito mode.
Puffin should automatically resume its connection to our servers while your device is recovering the network connection. You can enforce this operation by opening the menu and tapping "Reconnect to Server".
If Puffin still cannot connect to our server, please visit our Feedback page and provide us more information.
The latest version of Puffin is always available on our official website. Puffin will also notify you once a new version becomes available.
Please go to Puffin main menu > About Puffin Browser for further information.
At the top right, click the main menu > Settings > Clear browsing data. You may select All to clear all data, or remove selected types of data.
Puffin on Windows does not support this feature at the moment.
Please download your slides as a PDF file instead.
At the top right, click the main menu > About Puffin Browser. The user can find Puffin's release information and terms at this page.
OS: Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 10
Minimum Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 64 processor
Puffin Secure Browser is designed as an desktop app, and we maintain a different codebase for it.
Thus, Puffin Secure Browser requires a different registration process.
Go to puffin.com and sign up to get a 30-day free trial.
Bookmarks can be edited by going to the Bookmarks page (puffin://bookmarks).
We are working on further enhancements to the Bookmark bar and will make them available as soon as possible.
Puffin leverages our cloud computing infrastructure to speed up your overall web browsing experience. Furthermore, Puffin's cloud mode always enforces secure connections for web surfing even when using public WiFi. In short, it is faster and more secure to use Puffin in the cloud mode. For security reasons, the Local mode has been disabled in Puffin since version 188.8.131.529.
If you cannot see the expected view of a website you intend to visit, the website is not loading in Puffin. Below are the possible reasons.
1. The site is down.
When a website is currently inaccessible, Puffin will display a "website not working" page.
You can also visit Is it Down Right Now? to check the site's status.
2. The site is blocked by your IT administrator.
If you activated Puffin with your corporate email address, you are using the Enterprise edition of Puffin Secure Browser. The IT administrator may choose to block certain websites for security reasons. When a website is blocked, the following "website blocked" page would be displayed.
To request access to blocked websites, consult your IT administrator.
Puffin currently supports four search engines: Google (default), Bing, NAVER, and Yandex. To change the search engine, go to the main menu > Settings > Search engine, and select a search engine you like from the dropdown list.
More search engines and customizations will be added to Puffin in the near future.
This is a known issue. Our team is working on fixing it.